Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer - Software and Hardware
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Provide Systems support to the KGCS/GSE IPT Lead: assist in the integration of technical products, prioritizing resources, developing processes and plans, maintaining schedules and milestones, and developing "what-if" scenarios for EGS Program actions.
- Assist in the transition of GSE SW from a NASA to TOSC led performance bases development.
- Responsible for technical integration of requirements through the product lifecycle.
- Responsible to review, impact, control and document any requirement changes.
- Participate in Design Panels, technical assessments and use case analysis tasks to understand how new capabilities will impact the CSCI along with dependencies from other software as it relates to these new capabilities.
- Participate in problem reviews and work GSE Software Development to determine how changes to the software will impact other areas of the system.
Bachelors degree with ten years of related experience.
- PLC programming experience is a bonus.
- Requires the ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Experience in understanding requirements to include development, definition, and documentation.
- Experience writing technical documentation for building, integrating and analyzing software systems products and configurations.
- Requires the ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing. May create presentations and present to management on occasion.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.