JAE Restaurant Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JAE Restaurant Group
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to store management and crew employees. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions, as appropriate.
- FSE scores.
- Training and execution of all food safety procedures.
- Current Food Safety certification including certification of self and management staff.
- Food safety culture.
- Total store cleaning systems.
- Expiration dates.
- Cooked and raw product.
- Temp log.
- Hand washing.
- Dishwashing sanitizing and proper drying.
- Food Safety Walk throughs.
- Health Department evaluation results.
- Maximizes store sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participation in marketing programs. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales. Manages assigned store requirements for new product rollouts/procedures.
- Sales performance for key initiatives including: Budget; Transaction growth %; service times, late night sales $; pick up window %; kids meals; regular communication of store sales performance to DM & store management team; involves DM and store management team in correcting anticipated variances; execution of national and local marketing programs; execution of new product roll-outs; participation in community activities to enhance goodwill for JAE Restaurant Group.
- Response to competitive intrusive activities aimed at diverting store business.
- Maximizes profit goals versus budget and prior year. Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits.
- Profit performance versus budget and prior year.
- Management of food, labor, paper and other controllable costs.
- Monitoring and utilizing follow-up systems to achieve profitability objectives.
- Actions taken to address profit shortfalls or cost variances.
- Informs DM and store management team of profitability performance and anticipated variances.
- Preparation and participation in period P & L reviews.
- Utilizing indexing to track profit flow through.
- WOTC vouchering.
- Ensures the continual improvement of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on all day parts, including the monitoring of food product quality. Ensures total store "Service Excellence", including "Customer Courtesy", standards are met; implements corrective actions, as required.
- Ensures CEI scores are maintained at standard.
- Assists in achieving/maintaining minimum company standards, B or better, on complete CEI Evaluations.
- Training, coaching and continual improvement of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on all day parts.
- Continual improvement in ROE, SOE, FSE and other store performance indicators.
- Proactive execution of "Customer Courtesy" including management and crew interaction with guests.
- Frequency, nature and timely resolution of customer complaints.
- Identification of trends resulting from customer complaints, and development of action plans to address trends.
- Develops subordinates to maximize their contributions and future promotability. Executes proper training and development through established systems and practices.
- Utilization of COT system on a daily basis.
- Development of qualified bench strength as measured by internal promotions.
- Training and utilization of established store systems and standards.
- Timely support and reinforcement of WMI curriculum and other training.
- Development and execution of weekly plans for subordinates.
- Development of subordinates through coaching and reinforcement of desired behaviors through review of key operating systems.
- Communication and training of operational changes and new products and procedures.
- Ensures People Excellence culture through the execution of the restaurant's overall Human Resources programs. Ensures achievement of proper staffing levels. Utilizes ongoing system for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of store management and crew. Prepares and conducts quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for store management. Provides quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for crew. Works with local HR staff to manage Speak Up process at store level, ensuring expedient and appropriate resolution.
- Crew and Shift staffing levels on all day parts versus goal.
- Diversity of hires.
- Turnover results for store management, AMIT, shift and crew.
- Execution of plans to reverse negative turnover trends.
- Execution of interviewing promise to identify qualified applicants to positively reflect JAE Restaurant Group's image.
- Quality of content and percent of on-time reviews for store management, Shift Supervisors, and Crew Members.
- Appropriate use of base pay and merit guidelines.
- Management and resolution of performance issues with Managers and crew including appropriate escalation of employee problems.
- Environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Speak Up process.
- WOTC call in.
- Ensures store compliance with Company operating policies and procedures. Works with District Manager to establish store priorities, and develops and executes store plans. Informally evaluates store performance, receives and incorporates feedback from store inspections, and implements action plans to improve store ratings. Conducts regular managers' meetings to communicate and reinforce priorities.
- Execution of Company systems and operating procedures
- Frequency and content of communications among managers and crew (e.g., manager meetings, management logs, crew meetings, crew communication boards, etc.).
- Utilization of approved uniform program.
- Audit and review of systems, checklists and work habits to ensure store personnel are demonstrating desired behaviors.
- Ensures protection of Wendy's brand and assets through store compliance with Company policies and procedures. Evaluates store performance at specified intervals using Company inspection form; coaches and retrains managers as required.
- Escalation of non-compliance issues.
- Store compliance audits (e.g., file, cash, safety, QA)
- Compliance with all Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Compliance with Wendy's HR policies and procedures.
- Execution of Company systems and operating procedures.
- Execution of procedures for control of cash, property, product and equipment, including control of coupons, discounts, reg op voids, manager mode voids, claim frequency.
- Execution of Safety and Security policies as they relate to risk and casualty claim loss.
- Maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment, and execution of Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Identification and appropriate resolution of control or security issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Wendy's operating systems and procedures
- Wendy's policies and procedures
- P&L analysis and corrective measures
- Supervisory practices
- Planning and budgeting
- Interviewing practices
- Training and development practices
- Federal, state and local employment laws
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree and 3 - 4 years line operations experience in the restaurant industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, the General Manager must perform managerial duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position. The General Manager must be able to stand for long periods without a break, and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants, Area Office, etc.