Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GSE Customer Care Service Technician
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(8/9/2019 9:13 AM)
- Customer Care
John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The GSE Customer Care Service Technician will provide best-in-class in-field service support to all JBT AeroTech ground support equipment customers; focusing on value-added solutions that contribute to our customers’ success. Specific duties include:
- Travel to customer site to complete a variety of assignments, including but not limited to, maintaining equipment, installing equipment upgrades, repairing equipment, and inspecting equipment.
- Development of Product Services and/or PRoCARE sales opportunities during touch points at customer site or during call center communications. Representative to explore customer requirements to promote parts kits, training, repairs, unit inspections, and equipment refurbishment. In addition, representatives should seek out, identify, and effectively communicate information regarding competitive products and services.
- Timely and thorough completion of job documentation. This includes, but is not limited to, trip reports, product registration forms, equipment checklists, , credit card expense reconciliation, e-mail communications to internal or external customers, and customer feedback surveys.
- Development and documentation of service-related processes, including but not limited to product repair procedures, work aid documents, departmental procedures, and customer communication forms.
- Technician will follow all JBT AeroTech policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the travel policy, car rental policy, substance abuse policy, ISO procedures, expense reporting policy, company cell phone, and laptop computer utilization.
- Technicians are authorized and expected to develop win-win results for JBT AeroTech and the customer in each situation.
- Relies on experience, judgment, and skills to plan and accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
- Technician will complete all necessary job preparations for upcoming work accordingly.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Technical / vocational / or military training or related experience.
- Three or more years of hands-on mechanical experience.
- AWS certification in D1.1 Structural Steel welding preferred
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Use of JBT business systems, including Syteline, MSE, and SharePoint applications.
- Successful completion of vehicle certifications, including forklift, overhead crane, and JBT product lines.
- Successful completion and participation in Plant safety and any other safety topic courses.
- Proper use of ISO9001:2008 work instructions and associated forms.
- Understanding of Crosby Quality System, including usage of Opportunities for Improvement (OFI) and Corrective Action Responses (CAR) processes.
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Must possess a valid driver license and be capable of obtaining a passport.
- Must be able to travel extensively for extended periods of time in a shop environment and/or in extreme ambient conditions.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate with customers.
- Proficiency with laptop computer, e-mail, and internet for reports, expense reporting, and general information searches.
- Ability to comprehend all engineering blueprints, schematics, and written engineering procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and design discrepancy identification.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and problem solve issues that cross departmental boundaries.
- Must demonstrate ability to use all appropriate tools, measuring devices, test equipment, forklifts, cranes, and fixtures required.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- Traveling to customer site, 50%-80% of the month. Typical work week 40-55 hours, up to 70 hours which can include nights, weekends, and/or holidays. At customer maintenance facility, often on secured airport ramp during periods of extreme weather conditions. Remaining time in office environment. Exposure to engine noise, heavy equipment, outside elements, oils, grease, glycols, and fuels.
- Physical Demands- Lifting objects up to 75 pounds, climbing ladders, extensive travel obligations, working in an airport maintenance environment for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, creeper work, using various hand and air tools, working in confined workspace, walking and lifting daily.
- Scope of Responsibilities - Make cost effective travel arrangements per JBT AeroTech travel policies to maximize effectiveness of cost budgets. Develop Product Services and Service Parts sales opportunities to meet customer’s operational and maintenance requirements.
- Representatives should be self-motivated, and work independently without direct supervision.
- Accountable for daily schedule and communication to Customer Care Sales Manager
- Resolves questions and problems and communicates potential delays to Customer Care Sales Manager, and/or appropriate customer account manager.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- No direct reports.
- Errors- Possible errors may be serious, involving losses such as damage to equipment, waste of material, late delivery, etc.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Technicians will interact with various customers on a daily basis, via e-mail correspondence or during on-site field support at the customer site. Interfaces with all functional areas of the JBT AeroTech organization to service, modify, and upgrade JBT equipment.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.