Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(10/14/2019 12:11 PM)
- HR, Facilities, HSE
John Bean Technologies (JBT) Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The main function of the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role will be to deliver an efficient HR service to the organization by identifying process improvement opportunities and implementing relevant HR initiatives that support a motivated and directed workforce enabling the business to function effectively and fulfil the needs of the organization.
This is a hands on role based in our Orlando facility which includes the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) business unit as well as the North America Finance Shared Service Center (NASSC).
The HRBP responsibilities will vary from monthly reporting to hands on transactional and operational activities as well as strategic initiatives and always looking at continuous improvement within both the Human Resources function and its effect on the organization.
The individual will also be expected to provide experience and knowledge to the management team concerning HR best practices. Furthermore, the HRBP will help to ensure that internal processes adhere to Company Policy and applicable standards.
- Directly responsible for the organizational development, talent management, organizational design, succession planning, leadership development, performance management, compensation and benefits, recruiting, onboarding, and exiting for the Orlando facility.
- Drive and execute key process improvement activities within the HR function and overall business unit
- Provide accurate and relevant HR data to facilitate key HR decision making.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the Global HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies within the business unit.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Co-ordinate implementation of HR initiatives through liaison with key stakeholders.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide day to day leadership to the business and support managers through coaching and development opportunities.
- Ensures that Human Resource/Employee Relations policies, programs and processes are followed. Provide support and expertise to managers and business leaders regarding employee relation matters. Makes recommendations for additions or improvements.
- Assists in the administration of the compensation program that includes developing job descriptions, performing job analysis, participating and analyzing salary surveys to monitor internal equity and market competitiveness. Assists Regional HR Manager and other department managers with the Salary Planning & administration process.
- Provides support and counsel in matters related to administration of workers compensation, short-term disability, long-term disability, general benefits issues, tuition assistance, and various educational related issues.
- Ensures the integrity of the data in HRIS. Works with corporate HRIS to solve related problems. Experience with Ultimate Software a plus.
- Under limited supervision, applies and administers employment laws and policy as needed to work issues that occur.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience managing various aspects within the field
- Extensive experience, working in a hands-on capacity, to build effective processes and procedures
- Experienced in management of stakeholders at all level of the organization.
- Manufacturing HR industry experience strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills required
- Ability and interest in professional development, learning new concepts and gaining new experiences.
- Experience working with a variety of systems including HRMS, ATS, etc. Prior experience with iCIMS is helpful.
- Exceptional self-motivator with a proven track record of selecting the right priorities and taking action to make a demonstrable difference
- Business acumen. The successful candidate will be known by others to have genuine intellectual curiosity about business, and particularly for the business they have chosen to be in
- Role model competency in developing trust relationships of respect with business leaders and leveraging them to add value to the organization
- Strong change agent orientation, with a specific ability to assess and manage the people and talent implications of change
- Knowledge of HR audit practices and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple HR and business projects and to consistently meet deadlines, while still meeting the demanding expectations of a HR leadership role
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Work Environment- Primary work location will be in an office environment. Frequent and extended visits to the assembly line and test area will be required. Limited domestic and international travel may be required.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint
Physical Demands- Typical daily work environment will consist of long hours in an office environment and continuous computer use. Frequent short-term visits to manufacturing, test areas will result in exposure to high noise levels and an increased awareness of congested workspaces, and the exposure to potentially hazardous work environments normally associated with heavy duty manufacturing activities. Operation and testing of JBT equipment will require climbing ladders, exposure to significant heights, exposure to confined and small work areas, exposure to high and low temperatures and exposure to harsh outdoor weather conditions in all climates. Operating JBT equipment will require safe driving skills. Valid driver license required. Repair and troubleshooting equipment may require heavy lifting.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.