Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 3 weeks ago(9/19/2019 10:41 AM)
Assist JBT manufacturing teams with building world-class products. This internships is designed to provide real world work experience to students while allowing them the opportunity to make genuine contributions to organizational improvements and success. Primary focus will include supporting the Plant Manager as well as the Manufacturing Engineering areas meet and beat targets set in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost.
- Support Plant Manager with day to day tasks such as data / trend analysis, project support, report writing, production planning & team coordination activities
- Manufacturing Engineering Projects (example could include build fixture design and development)
- Safety Reporting Support (Paint VOCs, Fire Extinguisher Checks, Haz Waste, Waste Water, etc)
- Work area preparation (staging)
- 5S – organizing work areas, developing shadow boards, etc
- Continuous Improvement project support
- Follow Safety, Health, Environment, and Hazardous Waste Rules and Responsibilities
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Education and Experience: Enrolled in good standing as a College Junior or Senior with aspirations for a career in a technical or manufacturing field post-graduation college. Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering students preferred. Other preferred qualifications include:
- Fundamental understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Experience with assembly processes is a plus
- Experience in an automotive, heavy machinery, or similar environment would be helpful.
- Understanding with at least one CAD program
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): Experience with Microsoft Office tools, ability to learn and follow safe work practices
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Must be a hard worker, detail oriented and motivated to learn and grow
- Strong communicator
- Conscientious and good behavior
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor
responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- Able to function equally well in an office environment and manufacturing and assembly floor. Adherence to all safety requirements and use of personal protective equipment within the plant is mandatory.
- Physical Demands-. Frequent standing and walking around the facility primarily on the factory floor in addition to sitting and working on a computer in an office environment
- Supervisor Responsibilities- This position has no direct reports.
- Degree of Supervision- Works under moderate supervision.
- Relationship Responsibilities- As part of the manufacturing team, intern will need to work collaboratively with every position in the factory along with day to day interaction with Manufacturing personnel, IT, QC, Purchasing, Accounting, and Engineering. Must be cordial and professional in dealing with co-workers
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.