Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Improvement Expert
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(6/10/2019 6:56 AM)
John Bean Technologies (JBT) Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The Process Improvement Expert inspects products at various stages of the process and evaluates and uses data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products as well as efficiency regarding lean manufacturing. Facilitates continuous process improvement. Works with the technicians on the line to develop visual aids. Maintains / updates on line inspection and test check sheets.
- Investigates improvement opportunities and creates opportunities for improvement (OFI).
- Monitors effectiveness of corrective actions resulting from improvement opportunities.
- Troubleshoots problems, identifies and communicates design discrepancies. Identifies and suggests design improvements.
- Applies specialized skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and / or equipment in area of expertise to improve business performance.
- Recommends improvements to procedures. May draft new procedures as assigned.
- Monitors compliance to the ISO 9001 business system and ensures action is taken to address noncompliance when identified.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area.
- Conduct meetings to communicate goals and objectives and provide project feedback.
- Sign off authority for assembly documents.
- Maintain knowledge of ISO and Quality standards and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Work the MSE system to identify trends, develop process improvements, and implement corrective action.
- Eliminate waste through the implementation of lean initiatives, including Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s).
- Champion Relentless Continuous Improvement programs (RCI).
- Coordinate support activities of Engineering and Supply Chain
- Implement 5S programs.
- Work with Assembly Team to implement and monitor Day x Hour process unit tracking and implement corrective actions for any anomalies.
- Updates/improves Shop Practice training and implements
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- College degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to comprehend all engineering blueprints and written Engineering procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and design discrepancy identification.
- Ability to use personal computer or workstation and the following software: Microsoft Office Suite, MSE, Syteline.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to facilitate, across departmental boundaries, development and implementation of permanent corrective actions and the ability to suggest process and design improvements.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): N/A
Additional Training: Understand and use MSE, Syteline and our ECN process. Process control and improvement techniques.
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications: Errors are detected throughout the process and documented in the MSE quality defect system. The impact of allowing defects to escape is severe - costs to fix problems in the field are exorbitant, damaged reputation, and lost business.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- Able to function equally well in an office environment and manufacturing and assembly floor. Adherence to all safety requirements and use of personal protective equipment within the plant is mandatory.
- Physical Demands- Frequent standing and walking around the facility primarily on the factory floor in addition to sitting and working on a computer will be required.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- This position has no direct reports but assists in orienting, training, and checking the work of other employees.
- Degree of Supervision- Individual must lead by example, train and coach team members, and identify and communicate quality issues to Group Leads and Team Managers. Influences immediate activities that are in support of the Manufacturing build schedule. Possesses and develops ability to craft creative alternatives lessening unit cycle time in test while improving delivered quality.
Relationship Responsibilities- Interfaces with all functional areas to troubleshoot, communicate, and resolve issues. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues. May communicate with customers and vendors during on-site inspections. Works directly with manufacturing work centers to communicate improvement opportunities and facilitate implementation of effective corrective actions. Coordinate, develop support and complete standard work/operating procedures (SOPs). Actively participates in Kaizen events, A3 and other problem-solving techniques.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.