Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Global Cost Analyst
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 5 months ago(2/26/2020 5:37 PM)
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles. JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
JBT AeroTech manufactures and services airport ground support equipment (plane de-icers, aircraft tow vehicles and cargo loading systems), airport gate equipment (Jetway brand), and military equipment.
The Senior Global Cost Analyst will be responsible for managing the maintenance of cost analysis, accounting procedures, methods and activities working closely with site Controllers, FP&A, Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing managers. This position will manage activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, inventory valuation and provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of company goals.
- Perform Cost Accounting related month end close activities including inventory reconciliations as well as periodic spot inventory audits.
- Responsible for maintaining the Bill of Materials (BOMs), setting up new products, correcting costing errors, ensuring that BOMs are accurate and reflect true manufacturing costs.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information needed for decision making
- Manage and review variance accounts and prepare reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyze changes in raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Develop and document policies and procedures, including system requirements, internal, and SOX controls.
- Oversee global GSE cost control systems and manage/interpret cost information.
- Prepare cost accounting reports and analyses for presentation to top management.
- Lead and manage the excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Responsible for reviewing miscellaneous inventory postings, direct work orders, cycle counting adjustments, and reserve analysis.
- Analyze product cost, inventory forecast/budgets, and participates in various cost savings and Inventory reduction initiatives.
- This position supports the Controller with Monthly/Qtrly Fcsts, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and Ad-Hoc requests from senior management.
- Set Standard Cost for all products.
- Review Job BOMs for cost completeness.
- Monitor inventory and purchase orders for missing standard costs.
- Monitor cycle count program, postings to finished goods, and WIP orders.
- Provide guidance for Invoice / PO Coding as required.
Review purchase price variance for accuracy and publish weekly variance reports
Assist in analyzing monthly manufacturing expenses. (Inbound Freight and Tooling spend
Monitor Variance account activity monthly. (PPV, Scrap & Rework)
Review Production Job Closures (WIP) Review material and labor variances.
Labor efficiency reporting, Headcount reporting for permanent and contract employees.
Maintain departmental area Balanced Score Card
Headcount reporting for DL, IDL, permanent and contract employees.
Monitor depreciation expense and CIP for assigned manufacturing departments.
Prepare and enter Journal Entries as required
Participate in special projects (PET).
Partner with Material Management’s group to insure the overall accuracy of inventory accounts.
Track KPIs (i.e Productivity, Material Savings, ITO, Forward ITO) for global GSE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, with a good working knowledge of GAAP.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in manufacturing cost accounting environment
- Good working knowledge of Bill of Material, Work Order processing, Inventory and Production flow.
- Must be accurate and capable of complex analytical reasoning, and requires minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- SyteLine/Oracle experience preferred
- Experience with year end audits and physical inventories / cycle counting programs.
- Experience with process mapping and improvements
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel & Access.
- Experience in developing/maintaining SQL queries
- Excellent overall understanding of ERP Systems and Relational Databases.
Additional Training Required:
- Crosby Quality training
- Microsoft Office tools at advanced levels
Internal / External Contacts:
Primary contacts will be within the Orlando, Madrid, UK, Australia, Singapore, Shenzen, and Lektro facilities including Shared Center Accounting departments, operations management, materials management, engineering, sourcing and marketing.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.