Constangy Brooks Smith & Prophete LLP
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks legal assistant with 2 – 10 years’ experience for the firm’s Jacksonville, FL office. This position supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing administrative assistance to attorneys and performing specialized secretarial and clerical tasks pertaining to complex litigation matters. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a set of attorneys as a primary assignment and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to others as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proofread all documents for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution or filing.
- Maintain and organize physical and electronic files. Follow the standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing, and saving documents to the document management system.
- Draft standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda and other documents.
- Possess high level of awareness and protection of confidential information.
- Exhibit good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients and assigned attorneys (e.g., mail, interoffice mail, email, etc.)
- Consistently provide friendly and helpful telephone support and/or receptionist relief.
- Regularly anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys in order to promote timekeeper efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence, prepare materials for meetings in advance).
- Routinely review and follow-up on client deadlines and calendar appointments.
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (i.e., depositions, mediations, interviews, and vendor and facility reservations).
- Assist assigned attorneys with completing and tracking CLE compliance, presentations and training programs, other business development activities, and organizing all other non-billable activities.
- Manage the conflict check and client intake process for new matters.
- Maintain attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel.
- Consistently complete assigned tasks when expected while managing multiple assignments and/or deadlines.
- Review and follow-up on client deadlines, emails, and calendar appointments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to promote organization and efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Accurate typing transcription of dictation. (50-60wpm minimum)
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Document Management System, Time Entry, e-Filing and database software.
- High level use of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
Qualities ideal candidates will have:
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Takes ownership; gets the job done without the need for prodding or supervision.
- Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
- Works effectively and efficiently to complete all tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude when dealing with clients, co-workers, and attorneys.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change.
*Benefits: Comprehensive HDHP health plan, dental plan, and vision plan; Teladoc coverage for remote medical care; HSA for medical, and dependent care FSA; Competitive paid time off (PTO) available and increasing with tenure at the firm; 4 hours PTO for medical appointments; 11 paid holidays, including the observation of Juneteenth; life and AD&D coverage through Unum; short-term and long-term disability insurance; identity theft protection; pet insurance; AFLAC and umbrella coverage available; Employee Assistance Program; 401(k) savings plan with matching and profit sharing contribution; paid parental leave; emergency travel assistance; student loan refinancing options and financial planning assistance; onsite parking and/or public transportation subsidies; monthly gym reimbursement.
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP requires that all employees be vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed.
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.