Constangy Brooks Smith & Prophete LLP
Tampa, FL, United States
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks legal assistant with at least 3 years’ experience minimum to join the firm’s Tampa, FL office. This position supports 2-3 attorneys who are active litigators in the Labor & Employment Practice. Ideal candidates will be able to transcribe dictation, be familiar with Federal and Florida State filing, civil rules, and procedures, and have prior experience in a labor & employment defense practice. This position supports a set of attorneys as a primary assignment and provides back-up secretarial assistance to others as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proofread all documents for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution or filing
- Follow the standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing, and saving documents to the document management system
- Draft standard correspondence, motions and other documents
- Possess high level of awareness and protection of confidential information
- Exhibit good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients and assigned attorneys (e.g., mail, interoffice mail, email, etc.)
- Consistently provide friendly and helpful telephone support
- Regularly anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys in order to promote timekeeper efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence, prepare materials for meetings in advance)
- Routinely review and follow-up on client deadlines and calendar appointments
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (i.e., depositions, mediations, interviews, and vendor and facility reservations)
- Assist assigned attorneys with completing and tracking CLE compliance, presentations and training programs, other business development activities, and organizing all other non-billable activities
- Assist with the conflict check and client intake process for new matters
- Maintain attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel
- Consistently complete assigned tasks when expected while managing multiple assignments and/or deadlines
- Review and follow-up on client deadlines, emails, and calendar appointments
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to promote organization and efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience minimum as a legal assistant in a defense firm; Labor & Employment experience a plus
- Accurate typing transcription of dictation
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Document Management System, Time Entry, e-Filing and database software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
*Benefits: Comprehensive HDHP health plan, dental plan, and vision plan; Teladoc coverage for remote medical care; HSA for medical, and dependent care FSA; Competitive paid time off (PTO) available and increasing with tenure at the firm; 4 hours PTO for medical appointments; 11 paid holidays, including the observation of Juneteenth; life and AD&D coverage through Unum; short-term and long-term disability insurance; identity theft protection; pet insurance; AFLAC and umbrella coverage available; Employee Assistance Program; 401(k) savings plan with matching and profit sharing contribution; paid parental leave; emergency travel assistance; student loan refinancing options and financial planning assistance; onsite parking and/or public transportation subsidies; monthly gym reimbursement.
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP requires that all employees be vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed.
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is NOT open to candidate submissions from external search firms.