BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Head Teller - Davie
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
Assistant Head Teller - Davie
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Head Teller to join the Davie Branch at BrightStar Credit Union!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position assists members with their financial transactions involving cash and other negotiable instruments. This position must be able to perform all Head Teller duties in the absence of the Head Teller.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes members to and provide routine information concerning services; directs members to appropriate department for specific information and services.
- Receives and process all member financial transactions, posts transactions accurately to member accounts and maintains member records, balances cash drawer and daily transactions ensuring the night deposits are completed under dual control, assists in performing all end-of-day branch balancing, including the coin machine and ensuring checks are scanned and placed Courier bin.
- In the absence of the Head Teller, the Assistant Head Teller will assume responsibility for cash at the branch and will order the weekly shipment, ensuring the ATM and TCD is balanced and replenished under dual control.
- Provides outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Schedules, trains, and monitors other Tellers giving input with performance reviews; coordinates
- Teller activities, assist with Teller out-of-balances; monitors department activities for compliance within established policies and regulations.
- Identifies the financial needs of the member and suggests a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and services.
- Promotes all credit union products and services and may be required to open accounts based on branch assignments.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks and related duties as assigned including answering the phone and ordering supplies.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience
- High school education or GED
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Must have good communication skills for training other Tellers. 10-key calculator and computer keyboard skills required. Must be able to rotate on the operating opening/closing and Saturday schedule, if needed.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.