Kids In Distress
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preschool Teacher - KID Preschool Plus (Full-Time)
at Kids In Distress
KID Preschool PLUS offers affordable, quality early childhood education committed to preparing children for kindergarten through a full curriculum taught by highly specialized instructors. The preschool is open to the community between the hours of 7am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day classroom activities in the 2-3 year olds’ classroom at KID Preschool PLUS (KPP). Teachers must establish and maintain a classroom environment that is safe and nurturing to facilitate both learning and healing.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and one (1) of the following:
a) Certification from the National Child Development Associate Credential Program
b) A vocational certificate in Child Care Supervision through the State of Florida Department of Education
c) An Associate’s degree in child development, early childhood education, or equivalent, documented by a transcript
d) At least sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) credit hours of child development or early childhood education, documented by a transcript
e) Certification in nursing, physical education, recreation and/or education of the physically/mentally handicapped
- One to three (1-3) years of experience working with children in a preschool or other early childcare facility; or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Must have the 40-45 hours DCF Child Care Licensing training (Part 1 & 2) AND a Staff Credential and/or CDA/FCCPC credential.
- Advanced training in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse and/or Child Development preferred.
- Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, squat and/or otherwise get down to a position, often on the floor, at or near the children(s) height in order to assume the most non-threatening posture and maximize the opportunities to teach, play and nurture the children and must be able to lift, hold, and carry children who weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Responsible for safety of children
- Maintain positive communication with parents, children, and other staff members
- Plan and implement projects
- Keep supplies and classroom clean and organized
- Dress appropriately and follow the school dress code
- Arrive to work on time
- Clock in and out on a daily basis
Salary range: $12.50-$15.38 /hour
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
"Please submit a copy of your DCF 40-45 hours Childcare Transcript Training & CDA/Staff Credential with your resume as one attachment"
It is the policy of Kids In Distress to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and to applicants for employment in accordance with laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kids In Distress is a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.