Kids In Distress
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Work Position: Family Support Counselor - Homebuilders (Full-Time)
at Kids In Distress
This position is responsible for providing all the necessary support services to families and/or caregivers in order to properly meet the needs of their children. The Family Support Counselor (FSC) provides intensive family preservation services, as delineated in the Homebuilders Standards, including crisis intervention, supportive counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. Counselors are usually assigned two (2) cases at a time (no more than 3 cases will be assigned at one time) and services are primarily provided to families in their home.
The FSC must perform a needs assessment, case/treatment/family service plan, maintain daily documentation, progress reports and discharge summary. Must be available 24/7 to families/ caregivers on their case load and maintain all documentation required by program and contract assigned to. This position reports to the Program Supervisor. Responsibilities also include mentoring and coaching newly hired Family Support Counselors, acting as Supervisor of the program unit in the absence of the Program Supervisor, and increase community involvement including providing agency leadership during staffing, coalitions, and community advocacy groups.
Caseload: Counselors are usually assigned two (2) cases at a time (no more than 3 cases will be assigned at one time). Services are primarily provided to families in their home.
Program Model includes: crisis intervention, supportive counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy.
Skill / Requirements
- A Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related human services field and at least four (4) years of experience working with families required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to schedule in-home visits at times that are convenient for families, and when problems are likely to occur, including evenings, weekends and holidays - maintain a flexible workweek.
- Must be willing to accept referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Schedule and complete client intake sessions within 24 hours of referrals.
- Must be willing to travel to client homes and other locations.
- Must have a working vehicle, and automobile liability insurance that meets minimum program requirements.
- Must have a working cell phone.
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
It is the policy of Kids In Distress to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and to applicants for employment in accordance with laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kids In Distress is a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.