Kids In Distress
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Work Position: Family Support Counselor - Kid First Program
at Kids In Distress
The KID FIRST (Family Intervention Response & Support Team) Program is an in-home family preservation program focusing on assisting families in crisis. Serving more than 500 families annually for an average of 3-4 months, Family Support Counselors meet with each family on a weekly basis to teach parenting skills and provide case management and crisis intervention.
This is a full-time position responsible for providing in-home wrap around services to at risk families. The FSC makes the initial family assessment, case plan, and discharge report and all documentation required on his/her caseload. He/she also makes referrals to a variety of agencies for the family for follow-up services. The individual must be available 24/7 to the families served by the program.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human services field.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience working with children and families with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse, and knowledge of the child welfare, child development, parenting and social services in Broward County is required.
- Perform individual and family needs assessments. In-home Direct Services, In-home parenting training, Crisis and Supportive Counseling.
- Provide referrals for services from collaborative partners. Document services and referrals.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to meet the needs of the families served in the program.
Full-time employees are eligible to receive a benefits plan including: medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage; flexible spending account, long term disability, and a matching 401k plan, among others. Full time employees are also eligible to receive holiday pay, and earn paid vacation after their first year of employment.
It is the policy of Kids In Distress to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and to applicants for employment in accordance with laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Kids In Distress is a Drug Free Workplace and requires drug testing.