Leon Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Leon Medical Centers
Performs a variety of administrative and operational tasks to ensure proper transport of LMC patients by performing the following duties.
- Calls patients the night before to confirm pick-up.
- Transports the scheduled patients to and from the centers or to and from any other medical facility previously approved and scheduled by the Referrals Department, Transportation Supervisor, and/or Center Administrator.
- Assists all passengers (including passengers with special needs) in entering and leaving vans; holds umbrella in wet weather.
- Ensures that all passengers are wearing their seat belt.
- Assists the patient in a courteous, respectful and efficient manner while transporting them.
- Keeps open channels of communication with the Dispatcher at all times.
- Fills out weekly transportation status reports.
- Complies with the requirements of the department regarding working hours or schedules, to ensure proper operations.
- Keeps vehicle clean, polished, and in good operating condition.
- Drives in a safe and alert manner.
- Wears a complete uniform and keeps a clean and neat appearance during working hours.
- Keeps mileage and fuel documentation up-to-date.
- Ensures that vehicle has a full tank of gas at the end of the shift.
- Ensures that the vehicle is equipped with umbrella, OSHA spill kit, etc.
- Participates in weekly line-ups.
- Participates in training and in-service education as required.
- Participates in department, clinic and other meetings as requested.
- Complies with Leon Medical Centers' policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience with transporting passengers in a patient centered atmosphere.
Must be Fluent in English and Spanish in order to communicate with our patients.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Commercial Driver License (CDL)with passenger endorsement. Excellent driving record, must provide a current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).