Leon Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem)
at Leon Medical Centers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrates leadership and management skills. Excellent knowledge of computerized information systems and their application. Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and organizes activities in nursing services to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician.
2. Consults with Medical Director on nursing problems and interpretation of LMC's policies and procedures to ensure that patient needs are met.
3. Takes and records patient's vital signs, dresses wounds.
4. Assesses the patient; collects and documents the patient's current health status and medical history. Makes accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status and respond appropriately.
5. Observes patient and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
6. Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
7. Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patient's charts.
8. Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
9. Assembles and uses such equipment as I.V., aerosol, oxygen suppliers, etc.
10. Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patient and staff according to policy and procedure. Sterilizes equipment, supplies, and examining rooms.
11. Ensures that supplies and equipment necessary for patient care are ordered and stored in an organized and efficient manner.
12. Assists patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
13. Answers and refers telephone calls or other inquiries to ensure accurate and timely communication are facilitated.
14. General supervision of LPN, Medical Assistants, and Phlebotomists
Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, family members, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing by performing the following duties.
Associate in Arts degree in Nursing or greater
Fluent in English and Spanish.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida registered nurse license, CPR certificate, ACLS