Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EHR Clinical Review Medical Assistant
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2010
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
EHR Clinical Review Medical Assistant
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bilingual Type: N/A
Req # 2519
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assist the providers in the offices by reviewing their consult notes, labs, prescription refills requests, and messages so that quality patient care is being obtained in a timely manner.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Review patient information in a timely manner and update the Electronic Health Record with that data.
- Review normal lab results and notify the patient of the normal results.
- Notify parents of abnormal lab results as determined by a protocol.
- Review phone messages presented to the providers and help triage any messages that can be done by an MA.
- Review all consult notes in a chart and take action regarding any follow-up needed from that consult.
- Document accurately and efficiently within the EHR system.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Complete and process necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School Education
- Medical Assistant Certificate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year healthcare experience
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!