Youth and Family Alternatives, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Youth and Family Alternatives, Inc.
The Grants/Contracts Accountant will direct all finance-related aspects of grant management including budgeting, reporting, expense tracking and analysis and monitoring on all contracts. This position performs other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Specific job responsibilities and goals include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, establish priorities, multi-task, and set/meet deadlines with changing assignments and priorities.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets for all contracts.
- Responsible for the monthly billing for contracts. This includes ensuring compliance with expenditures based on the contract and budget constraints and meeting submission deadlines.
- Enhancing the existing systems and processes to ensure that tracking of expenses that are reimbursable through a specific funding source is done as efficiently as possible.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports, to ensure compliance with contract requirements for contracts. Prepare any internal reports necessary for management to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record revenue and any revenue related adjustments to accounting ledgers. Journal entries to include that month’s billings, disallowances and accruals. Responsible for internal and external analysis of unit based contracts which include projections to fully utilize contract funding.
- Coordinate and oversee fiscal response to funding sources’ monitoring.
- Financial management skills, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting; understanding non-profit balance sheets and income statements; and accounts receivable; grant/contract time reporting and payroll; month-end closing process.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work well under pressure, including working with interruptions and deadlines; ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on schedule with attention to detail.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of YFA grants and contracts data; support communication with relevant staff regarding deadlines and deliverables, ensuring complete follow through on all grants and contracts.
- Reconcile and close out grants/contracts at termination.
- Maintains knowledge of current federal issues relating to Grants and Single Audits of state, local, government and non-profit organizations; interprets 2 CFR Part 230, OMB A-133 circulars for grants and contracts.
Education & Experience: Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields, 3 to 5 years of direct experience in cost/grant accounting and non-profit grants management. Preference will be given to an applicant who has extensive working knowledge of accounting software, such as MIP. Must be proficient in Excel.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion and results of a criminal background check; a drug test; E-Verify I-9 verification check; and a DMV check, which will include review and approval by YFA's insurance carrier. Please note, if selected for an interview, please bring the following documentation: two personal letters of reference and a copy of your diploma or GED.
Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and be insurable by the Agency’s current insurance carrier. Salary based on education and experience.