John Wiley & Sons, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Course Production Specialist (37022)
at John Wiley & Sons, inc.
Course Production Specialist
Join one of the world’s most innovative developers of online learning. Wiley Education Services works with leading universities throughout the United States in the development of innovative online courses. You will be a member of a creative and collaborative team of instructional designers and developers. Be a part of an extraordinary opportunity to revolutionize the higher education experience!
The Course Production Specialist creates online courses within the Learning Management System (LMS). You will work primarily in the Engage LMS which is based on Moodle. You will be the team’s expert in advanced functionality of the LMS needed to execute innovative activities, content presentation and assessments. You’ll work as a member of a dynamic team of engineers, business analysts, and instructional designers.
Wiley Education Services has been an online learning innovator for 17 years, helping leading universities build, grow and support online programs. As a recognized leader in online education, our partners benefit from our global capabilities in market strategy, operational management, marketing, student recruitment and retention services, faculty support and online course development. We foster a highly selective employee recruitment process that is matched by our focus on the personal and professional development of each team member once they become a member of our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Every day, our professionals are helping to positively affect the lives of students through exceptional services, innovative technologies and, most importantly, strong personal relationships.
At Wiley, we are passionate about the success of our partners, their students and each of our team members. We believe that our core values, ownership mentality and personal connection make us a pre-eminent organization in higher education. If you are passionate about education and have the desire to help people succeed, then we want to meet you and hear your story.
- Implement online courses based on specifications provided by the instructional designer.
- Participate in course demos and design reviews
- Become a deep expert in LMS functionality needed to develop interactive activities, media delivery, content presentation and assessments.
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities, providing feedback on implementation feasibility as well as navigable prototypes/mockups
- Work closely with designers, artists, QA and software engineers to contribute to the overall user experience
- Stay up to date on latest trends and emerging technologies within the online learning community
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years in online course production and experience with Learning Management Systems
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication abilities
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.