Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking an Inspector to join the Construction Management division at the client site in Orlando, FL. The Inspector will be responsible for conducting on-site inspection of work in progress and performing assignments while assisting the Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 2 or more years of construction inspection experience; with 1 of these years being in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection or a Civil Engineering degree with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within one year. (Note: Engineer Intern classification requires E.I.T. certificate.)
- Exceptions will be permitted on a case-by-case basis so long as qualifications and certifications are appropriate for specific inspection duties.
- Candidates associated with future structures projects must also be able to complete the Critical Structures Construction issues, Self Study Course, and submit the mandatory Certification of Course Completion form.
- FDOT Intermediate MOT required
- 1 year experience on FDOT / Turnpike / CFX District 5 Projects
- One of the following certifications (must be valid):
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level I
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.