Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior CEI Inspector
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The Senior CEI Inspector Conducts on-site inspections of the work in progress for substantial conformance and compliance with the requirements of the Contract Documents. Responsibilities will be in accordance with the Contract for the performance of work and the Construction Contract Documents. In general, the Senior Inspector will familiarize himself/herself with approved plans, specifications and contract modifications for the project, and review materials incorporated into the work for compliance with the specifications. Responsible for performing highly complex technical assignments in field surveying and construction layout, making, and checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work, and conducting field tests and is responsible for coordinating and managing the lower level inspectors. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Project Administrator. Other duties may be assigned.
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level II
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level II
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- Nuclear Radiation Safety Certification
- Valid Driver's License
The following Qualifications are not required but are considered a plus
- CTQP Grout Technician Level I
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level II
- CTQP Post-Tensioning Technician Level I
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level I
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- Candidates must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and four (4) or more years of construction engineering inspection experience
- Candidates associated with future structures projects must also be able to complete the Critical Structures Construction issues, Self-Study Course, and submit the mandatory Certification of Course Completion form.
- FDOT and/or Turnpike Experience preferred
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce