Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
A&P Mechanic, Mobile Service Truck - Orlando FL
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 267121
Provide temporary (30 – 60 day), on-site maintenance support for owners taking delivery of a new Longitude to ensure a successful entry into service. To identify and correct malfunctioning aircraft mechanical components and systems.
- Enhance the ownership experience by providing product and maintenance expertise on the Citation Longitude.
- Maintenance mentor to customer flight departments, Director of Maintenance, etc. by sharing Citation Longitude practical experience, troubleshooting tips and maintenance best practices.
- Company liaison between the owner and Textron Aviation to ensure that the concerns of all parties are fairly represented. Serves as the primary point of contact for all issues relating to the remotely based maintenance department.
- Possess a solution-driven mindset and willingness to explore all avenues on the path to resolution.
- Monitor maintenance activities to ensure all activity is conducted within the guidelines set forth in the maintenance manual.
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable FAA and foreign regulatory agency (EASA, INAC, DGAC, etc.) requirements. Complies with all regulations and local operating procedures.
- Ensure safety of operations is paramount during all maintenance activities by ensuring that safety procedures are followed.
- Evaluate aircraft flown for mechanical and cosmetic discrepancies, accurately communicate with the Maintenance Manager, and the applicable Service Center to maintain the highest possible standards of quality and safety.
- Work with the maintenance manager to ensure that aircraft flown are scheduled for required inspections.
- Complete all training as defined annually by Textron Aviation service centers. Training will include: Initial and recurrent aircraft training, human factors training, off site maintenance release training and other training as deemed necessary by management.
- Perform office tasks such as expense reports and other tasks normally associated with day-to-day maintenance operations.
- High school education or equivalent required
- A&P license required
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles. Must have comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems.
- Well versed in aircraft avionics, preferably Garmin 5000.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modifications, and phase inspections as an A&P mechanic
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience on Cessna Citation aircraft required
- Use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet airframe and engine principals
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license and qualify for a Textron Aviation-issued driver's license
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Security Badge through local airport authority (if applicable)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.