Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Desk Analyst
at LENNAR HOMES
The Helpdesk Analyst provides technical support and customer service to Lennar Associates to enhance productivity in the operation of IS computer technology. The Helpdesk Analyst responsibilities include call handling, issue identification, logging and tracking, resolution, and escalation, as appropriate, to IS technical areas. Helpdesk responsibilities include administration and support of the Company’s computer systems, printers, copiers, and related computer equipment. The Helpdesk Analyst position tasks include: end user support, license tracking, and installation of hardware and software solutions, performing upgrades and configuring software applications. The Helpdesk Analyst must possess basic networking understanding, knowledge of remote support programs, good analytical and troubleshooting skills. The position performs various Helpdesk operational tasks during non-telephone time.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Performs issue handling, identification and resolution with all levels of Lennar customers.
- Ensure customers maintain productivity while experiencing customer service oriented assistance.
- Serves as a single point of contact for communicating issues or requesting IS service.
- Serve as the customer’s advocate in ensuring that the proper IS department is notified and responds according to respective documents of understanding.
- Provide technical assistance and support to requests received through helpdesk related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk associates through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Maintain and clean computer equipment.
- Monitor and respond effectively to requests received through the IS helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Request tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the System’s Group for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Work schedule based on available shifts
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience considered.
- 2 years technical degree in Computer/IS area, or comparable experience.
- 2 years in multi-operating system environment, especially MS Windows, Citrix/Metaframe, & NT.
- 2 years experience working in desktop environment and with MS Office Suite.
- 2+ years experience in a technical support environment, Call Center, or Help Desk.
- 1-year experience working in a large IS organization (multiple locations, client server technology, WAN, 1000+ personal computer workstations).
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Helpdesk Analyst, to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Thorough PC operating and workstation system knowledge.
- Thorough PC printer, server & password administration knowledge.
- General WAN, file server & file server maintenance knowledge.
- General PC software products, file conversions & usage knowledge.
- General mainframe software products knowledge.
- General data communication and voice/phone system knowledge.
- General technical writing skills to describe technical issues for issue history and communication to Escalation Partners.
- Thorough System Administration (Policies & Procedures) Knowledge.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Thorough writing and communication skills to write, demonstrate, and explain step-by-step technical procedures.
- Thorough analytical skills to troubleshoot technical computer issues as presented by customers and resolve with own knowledge, or user documentation; or know when to escalate to Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3, and then choose the correct Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3 technical group.
- Thorough issue solving and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Very good inter-personal and teamwork aptitude.
- Thorough ability to interpret a wide variety of documentation for software and hardware and equipment.
- Demonstrate organization skills to manage multiple open calls, call backs from Escalation Partners, and follow-up with customers.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds homes in 18 different states in some of the finest markets in the nation.
Opportunity awaits at Lennar! As one of America’s leading homebuilders, we make it easy to map out your future success with a wide variety of opportunities for career growth in the most desirable real estate markets. We seek spirited, passionate and energetic Team players with an eagerness to learn, a fiery determination to succeed and a burning desire to excel. Throughout the nation, our Company is focused on making every aspect of the home buying experience a true celebration for our Customers, and on giving back to the Community by helping those who cannot help themselves. And it all starts with you.
Lennar is proud to provide our Associates a comprehensive and competitive benefits program. We also provide an environment full of spirit, enthusiasm, passion and vitality – an environment that makes our Company a very special place to work.
You can make a difference. Join the Lennar Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.