Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Student Series Outreach
at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- FLSA Status
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
We are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Applicants who are proficient in Microsoft Office (including Publisher and Excel) and have some experience in event planning, marketing, customer service and/or graphic design are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Student Series Chapter Campaign Manager, Outreach Interns will be able to join an enthusiastic team within the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that focuses on working with schools participating in our philanthropic community service project.
This opportunity is well-suited position for candidates that are interested in broadening their knowledge of campaign support, nonprofit organization and relationship building – all while contributing to the efforts of saving lives. Ideal candidates will enjoy working with others and supporting the mission of LLS.
Maitland, FL, North & Central Florida Chapter
Start: January 2019
End: May 2019
Hours: Hours and timeframe can vary based on availability, 15-25 hours per week
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT WE CAN CONSIDER FOR COURSE CREDIT.
Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules.
- Desire to grow professionally and personally during this experience
- Own projects assigned based on personal strengths and develop projects that challenge areas in which you can grow; all with a focus on the end goal of raising more lifesaving dollars and facilitating an environment that will foster success and teamwork
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications and visiting nearby schools to assist with assemblies and strategy planning meetings.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and database management
- Tech savvy, i.e. Facebook, Twitter and other social media
- Basic knowledge on composing and submitting press releases
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills ?
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Confidentiality with all patient/donor/volunteer information