Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
|Department:||075 - Adult Choice - SA Residential|
JOB SUMMARY: Provides close supervision and assistance in activities of daily living to substance abuse consumers. Ensures residents safety and well-being. Assists in maintenance of a clean and neat environment throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Monitors consumers’ daily behavior with the appropriate reporting and recording into TIER.
- Assists with monitoring the self-administration of medication, assists with transportation as necessary.
- Assists in the provision of group treatment and direct skills teaching as scheduled.
- Assists in conducting recreational activities.
- Monitors consumers’ meals.
- Notifies appropriate staff on a weekly basis when supplies are needed. Stocks supplies when received, and conduct a waitlist for potential consumers.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Must be able to effectively deal with Mental Health and substance abuse consumers. Possesses the ability to communicate and provide accurate descriptions of observed behavior. Must be able to perform basis first aid skills. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency and maintain current CPR certification. Demonstrate Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills. Legible handwriting and good documentation skills. Computer knowledge is vital to the satisfactory performance of this position Must be able to drive company vehicle.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Knowledge, Developmental Stages, Enhancement of Family Involvement
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Thinking Skills
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
- Performance Specific: Crisis Management, Customer Focus, Medication Issues, Psychosocial Interventions
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Has demonstrated proficiency working with a substance abuse and Mental Health population.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.