Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Tech II
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
Behavioral Tech II
|Department:||045 - Our Turning Point Ranch - OTPR|
JOB SUMMARY: Provides close supervision and assistance in activities of daily living to emotionally and behaviorally challenged residents. Ensures resident safety and well-being. Assists in maintenance of a clean and neat environment throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides support to residents in activities of daily living, as appropriate.
- Assists staff and residents in the implementation of individual treatment plans.
- Attends treatment team meetings and provides information relative to child’s adjustment in the home.
- Assists in the implementation of resident behavior management plans.
- Collaborates with clinical staff in sharing observations on resident’s responses to treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Completes a daily progress note on each resident.
- Monitors resident self-administration of medication to ensure proper protocol is maintained.
- Monitors residents for undesirable side-effects to medication and informs supervisor when necessary.
- Assists residents and fellow staff in maintaining the residence.
- Assists with transportation of residents, as appropriate.
- Assists clinician in the provision of group therapy and everyday living skills training as scheduled.
- Assists residents and fellow staff during recreational activities.
- Monitors resident meals and compliance with prescribed diet.
- Notifies appropriate staff as supplies are needed and stocks supplies as received.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Must be able to deal effectively with emotionally and behaviorally challenged residents. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and provide accurate descriptions of observed behavior. Must be able to perform basic first aid skills. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency and maintain current CPR certification. Must demonstrate proficiency in obtaining vital signs, monitoring I and O, and other common procedures ordered by physician. Must possess crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills. Must possess legible hand writing and sound documentation skills.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Knowledge, Developmental Stages, Enhancement of Family Involvement
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Thinking Skills
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
- Performance Specific: Crisis Management, Customer Focus, Medication Issues, Psychosocial Interventions
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. CNA preferred.
- Experience: At least six (6) months of demonstrated proficiency working in a social services or human services environment.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.