Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
|Department:||081 - Anthony House|
FUNCTION: The Clerical III is responsible for the traditional responsibilities associated with a receptionist, in addition to assuming responsibilities for clerical and administrative support functions. As the first person with whom the general public and external professionals have contact, the position requires customer-focus and customer friendliness in the interest of all whom the program serves. The position also requires a familiarity with the target population, as the incumbent will conduct psycho-educational activities with the consumers.
- Answers incoming phone calls in a customer-friendly manner and directs calls to appropriate person/department. Records messages and convey to receiving parties as necessary.
- Facilitates program security by screening visitors to ensure appropriateness for access to the facility.
- Sorts and distributes mail daily. Prepares outgoing mail and packages and accepts delivered mail and packages.
- Performs typing, data entry and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains client files or program files as assigned.
- Makes photocopies and faxes materials as assigned.
- Executes errands as assigned.
- Schedules appointments for staff and consumers as requested.
- Requisitions supplies for the office as necessary.
- Tracks contract documentation and expenditures. Provides monthly reports to the Program Director.
- Tracks program admission data on consumers to prepare reports for the Program Director.
- Prepares reports on issues affecting the program as directed by the Program Director.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as requested.
- Executes other tasks as assigned by the Program Director in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Demonstrates knowledge of word processing and fundamental computer skills. Possess sound interpersonal skills, speech skills and writing skills. Demonstrates proficiency in telephone etiquette. Possesses knowledge of the functions of various types of office equipment, including copier, fax, computer and switchboard. Possesses a positive attitude regarding all aspects of a challenging work environment, including significant patience with and respect for children and families. Possesses the ability to operate effectively within a team concept.
1) Age Specific: Basic knowledge
2) Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
3) Personal Effectiveness: Communications, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Thinking Skills
4) Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Leadership, Linking/Networking, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, and Safety
5) Performance Specific: Crisis Management, Customer Focus
JUDGMENT: This position requires sound judgment in restricting access to the facility as appropriate.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of one year of previous employment in an office environment with demonstrated proficiency in related duties and responsibilities.
Personal Qualities: Must be personable and demonstrate a customer-friendly attitude and demeanor. Must be responsible in screening visitors and obtaining signatures on the facility sign-in sheet. Must demonstrate the capacity for patience with challenging service populations. Must be capable of functioning as a contributing team member with fellow Anthony House staff in the best interest of the children and families the program serves.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Special Factors: Must possess the physical health and stamina to execute job duties and essential functions over the course of a workday. Must possess the ability to work in an office setting requiring keyboard skills and administrative activities of a sedentary nature. Knowledge of the homeless population. Ability to present material in a concise manner.
Essential Functions: The person occupying this position functions at times as the initial contact for an external party with the Anthony House. Therefore, interpersonal skills are essential. This employee also functions as an administrative support to all Anthony House staff.
Staff Development: Completes all administrative and competency requirements as set forth in his/her Individual Training Plan.