Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
|Department:||067 - CCOS (Children's On Site Services)|
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates treatment, rehabilitation and support to youth and his or her family; completes timely and appropriate documentation of services; must successfully function in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment. Must work a flexible schedule include nights, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations.
- Provide management for an assigned group of youth and families including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the treatment team.
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the other team members.
- Provide individual, family and/or group therapy ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as individuals’ needs change.
- Educate and support individuals’ families, and advocate for individuals’ rights and preferences.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, developmental history and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships.
- Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Assist with crisis intervention and continual on-call coverage for 24 hours per day to assist with crisis intervention, referrals, or supportive counseling.
- Document youth and families’ progress to maintain a permanent record of activities according to established methods and procedures.
- Provide treatment, counseling, therapeutic mentoring, training or coordination in parenting skills, behavioral modification, family education, and family support network development, behavior management, sober living or relapse presenting skills development, with some interventions directed or performed by staff with specialty training and skills.
- Take the lead role or participate in providing substance use and treatment services.
- Provide on-going assessment of youth’s mental illness and substance use disorder, if present, and behavioral issues and the youth and families’ response to treatment.
- Make appropriate changes in treatment plans to ensure immediate and appropriate interventions are provided in response to changes in mental status or behavior which put individuals at risk.
- Provide education to youth and his or her family to identify symptoms related to his or her diagnosis(es).
- Provide direct clinical services to youth and his or her family on an individual, group, and/or family basis in the office and in community settings to teach behavioral symptom management techniques to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced with medication and/or therapy and to promote personal growth and development by assisting youth and family to adapt to and cope with internal and external stresses.
- May participate in setting treatment goals and plans with youth and family to reduce or abstain from substance use and to learn replacement behaviors.
- Coordinate with outside inpatient services to detoxify individuals and establish linkage to outpatient treatment, self-help programs, outpatient services and residential facilities.
- Take a lead role or participate in the provision of rehabilitation services. Teach job-seeking skills. Develop individualized jobs based on individuals’ needs, abilities, and interests. Coordinate with state vocational rehabilitation and other employment services.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Developmental Stages, Assessment, Knowledge, Interpretation, Interventions, Enhancement of Family Involvement
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, and Thinking Skills.
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI, Commitment, Leadership, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
- Performance Specific: Assessment, Crisis Management, Customer Focus, Cultural Competence, Empowerment/Advocacy, Psychosocial Interventions, Treatment/Service Planning
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Must have a clear understanding of the characteristics and problems for youth with a mental health diagnosis(es) or co-occurring mental health and substance abuse diagnoses with behavioral issues placing them at risk for an out of home placement or involvement with the Department of Juvenile Justice. Must be knowledgeable about the MRT model. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Displays excellent telephone and customer service skills. Must be able to function effectively within a team; however must also be able to function with a high level of autonomy.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position. Good, sound judgment is integral to the security, confidentiality and satisfactory job performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Master’s degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or other relevant Human Service Field. Licensure required as Clinical Social Work, Mental Health Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Preferred: Two (2) years of direct clinical experience preferable in a health or mental health setting with an emphasis on population to be served in the assigned area.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.