Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
|Department:||067 - CCOS (Children's On Site Services)|
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides assessment, treatment planning and intervention to children up to age 18 and according to training and experience, may be eligible to provide counseling in any of the following specialized therapies delineated in the Professional Staff Organizational Bylaws (Appendix B, Section A2, A-I): Individual Therapy, Family Therapy, Group Therapy, Chemical Dependency, Crisis Intervention.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Develop and maintain professional, therapeutic relationship with individuals and their families
- Work cooperatively with other agencies involved with clients
- Develop and enhance partnership with referring classroom teachers, guidance counselors, principals, or other agencies
- Attend all scheduled clinical supervision sessions and departmental staff meetings
- Complete all documentation requirements based on department standards
- Regular driving between appointments and a clean driving history and valid driver’s license is an essential function of the position.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
- Will provide on-site therapy services to Center clients, which will include development and implementation of the individualized treatment plan and documentation of all services in a clinical record in accordance with the Center policy and Medicaid requirements in a professional and timely manner.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Developmental Stages, Assessment, Knowledge, Interpretation, Interventions, Enhancement of Family Involvement
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, and Thinking Skills.
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI, Commitment, Linking/Networking, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
- Performance Specific: Assessment, Crisis Management, Customer Focus, Empowerment/Advocacy, Medication Issues, Psychosocial Interventions, Treatment/Service Planning
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Demonstrated competence in counseling with children and adolescents. Sound clinical skills with the ability to make clinical decisions about the client’s stability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective and efficient documentation skills. Excellent crisis intervention skills. Computer knowledge is vital to the satisfactory performance of this position.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Initiative, dependability and accuracy are important. Must be able to work with a minimum of direct supervision. Must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal staff, families and school personnel. Ability to work within multi-agency systems.
SPECIAL FACTORS: A person in this position will be required to travel to schools, homes, or other agencies or locations as needed to provide the clinical service to the client. This is a year round program.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Ability to make on-the-spot treatment decisions based on the client’s current mental/behavioral status, past functioning level and potential strengths and weaknesses; while also showing the ability to determine when to seek clinical consultation during high risk clinical incidents. Ability to determine the appropriate resources to meet the need of clients.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field is required.
- Experience: Working with children with mental health issues, especially children who have been diagnosed as having emotional disorders and/or classified by the school system as Educationally Handicapped or Severely Emotionally Disturbed.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.