Lowe's Home Improvement
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lowe's Home Improvement
Purpose of Role:
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Assistant Store Manager, this means:
• Anticipating customer flow and work demand and redirecting efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed.
• Planning for spikes in sales and ensuring the store has the in-stock position to support the demand.
• Conducting safety walks, monitoring use of store power equipment, and coaching associates around safe work practices.
The Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store. The Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. Additional role-specific assignments and priorities vary based on the specific department(s) to which the Assistant Store Manager is assigned to supervise – Merchandising, Specialty (e.g., appliances, cabinets, etc.), or Operations (e.g., front-end, back-end). Furthermore, ASMs may be asked to rotate through Merchandising, Specialty, and Operations assignments for the purpose of cross-training and development.
• Interviews, selects, develops and provides direct leadership over a team of supervisors and associates that support product categories in assigned area
• Models the behaviors that are needed to deliver SMART customer service, maintain an in-stock position, and keep the store clean and safe for customers
• Sets clear and measurable service, sales and operational goals for the team, ensures the team’s effort supports those goals, and tracks progress on a daily basis
• Connects with the team regularly to understand challenges they are facing and to remove obstacles
• Provides recognition for demonstrating effective customer service behaviors and exceeding sales and operational goals at the individual and team level
• Provides open and timely feedback, coaching, training, and mentorship to members of the team and encourages others to communicate openly and share constructive feedback
• Manages performance of associates against established goals, taking action when necessary to address performance concerns
• Works with Supervisors to deliver formal disciplinary actions when performance issues among front-line associates are elevated • Provides meaningful development opportunities for individuals to enhance their skills, product knowledge and systems understanding
• Encourages others to share ideas and empowers others to make decisions while providing guidance when necessary
• Identifies any associate relations concerns and takes the appropriate action as needed, handling directly where appropriate and/or escalating issues to senior management or HR Program Execution
• Drives execution of all service, sales and operational programs in assigned area by monitoring activities, providing feedback, and making adjustments where needed
• Anticipates customer flow and work demand and appropriately redirects efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed
• Anticipates spikes in sales and ensures the store has the in-stock position to support the demand
• Avoids over-stocking and works through the appropriate channels to reduce inventories that could negatively impact profitability due to poor inventory turns and/or shrink
• Identifies any barriers to superior service and communicates these along with solutions in a timely manner
• Ensures that store operations do not impact the customer’s ability to see or interact with products
• Serves as a primary escalation point for the most significant and impactful customer complaints Business Leadership
• Manages store opening and closing procedures
• Controls expenses including payroll and other controllable expenses, and manages payroll hours by confirming the schedule supports the forecasted payroll plan
• Manages associate response to call buttons
• Validates that aisles remain clean, safe and free of clutter
• Hands off shift observations in-person to the next MOD
• Funnels non-MOD activities (e.g., customer complaints, management approvals, and other run the business activities including opening and closing the store) to appropriate non-MOD leaders Self Leadership
• Seeks performance feedback from others and pursues self-development opportunities
• Proactively builds and maintains collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners
• Sets an example for others by adapting quickly and effectively to work challenges and organizational change Responsibilities Specific to the Merchandising ASM
• Manages all inventory, merchandising, sales and customer service activities in departments such as Lawn and Garden, Electrical, Plumbing, Hardware, Tools, and Pro
Teaches and demonstrates effective use of Lowe’s selling and service model
• Drives execution of Installed Sales, Special Order Sales (SOS), and Pro Sales across assigned departments
• Ensures associates pursue sales leads and generate the right amount and ty
pe of leads
• Identifies any barriers to superior service and communicates those barriers as well as the solutions in a timely manner
• Drives execution of Pro sales and service activities; this includes taking steps to study the Pro business (sales targets, comp, penetration, credit, local market trends) and providing direction/ feedback/ideas to the Pro Department Supervisor to ensure the store is driving Pro account sales as well as a fast and convenient in-store experience for the Pro customer
• Maintains relationships with the store’s top Pro accounts and local Pro Sales Manager (where applicable)
• Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience leading associates in a retail environment OR 3 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
• 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
• 1 year of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
• 1 year of experience directly managing sales associates (commissioned or non-commissioned) (Specialty ASM).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by la
Employment Type I
Line of Business
LWS_USA_Market - 0858
Employment Type II
Job Posting Title
Orlando, FL (S Orlando)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
2800 West Sandlake Rd