Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Representative
at Lumeris, Inc.
In order to apply for a position at Lumeris, you must create an account using your email address and a password of your choosing. This account will allow you to receive notifications each step of the way through the job application process. With these updates, you’ll never have to wonder where you are in the process. Additionally, we can easily send pertinent documents to you for your review. Once you create the account, you may apply to any position you feel is a good fit without having to re-enter information. Thank you for your interest in Lumeris.
Position:Outside Sales Representative
Position Summary:The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for the direct sales activity of Medicare products for Essence Healthcare, a leading Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Health Plan, in the assigned region. This person will also play a critical role in community outreach activities geared to promote the plan and generate Medicare Advantage prospects and sales.
Role and Responsibilities
- Present Medicare Advantage Insurance products directly to Medicare eligible customers, complete all required documentation, and guide the member through enrollment application process
- Drive sales opportunities by establishing strong relationships in the service area with key community influencers to develop outreach opportunities in they populations they serve
- Meet established sales goals and related objectives that translate into the successful development of Medicare Advantage products
- Report and provide feedback to management relating to leads, sales, and trends in the marketplace
- Proactively enhance relationships with the Essence Healthcare provider community
- Record and update all sales-related activity on leads in the lead management system on a daily basis
- Maintain working knowledge and practice of all company compliance rules, all applicable departmental policy and procedures, Medicare Managed Care Regulations, the managed care industry, pertinent legislation, and the competitive environment
- Position requires 80-90% travel
Experience, Qualifications, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Strong focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Proven track record of successful sales experience (preferably with Medicare or other insurance products)
- Currently possesses (or able to earn) an active Missouri State Health Insurance License
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Proven success in influencing decisions and business outcomes
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office products
Lumeris is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D.
Time Type:Full time
Join Our Growing Team!
Lumeris is a value-based care managed services operator for health systems and providers seeking extraordinary clinical and financial outcomes. Lumeris aligns providers and payers across populations with technologies, processes, behaviors and information to achieve high-quality, cost-effective care with satisfied consumers — and engaged physicians.
For the past eight years, Lumeris with Essence Healthcare, its inaugural client and learning laboratory with more than 65,000 Medicare members in Missouri and Illinois, has received 4.5- to 5-Star Ratings from the CMS and produced the highest consumer and physician satisfaction scores in the industry along with significantly better clinical outcomes and lower costs. For more information, go to www.lumeris.com.
Why Join Lumeris?
At Lumeris, you will be part of team that is focused on solving the nation’s healthcare problem, and you will be able to contribute to our purpose. Our environment is fast-paced, change-oriented and focused on growth and employee engagement. At Lumeris, we know that talent is best utilized when given the opportunity to succeed. That is why we have removed the boundaries that inhibit success and focus on fostering an environment that allows employees to utilize their talents.