Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer - R&D
at Mainstream Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Rockledge, FL, USA
- Full Time
Due to continued growth, our firm is seeking the employ of a talented Power Electronics Engineers for the design of power electronic ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-ac converters. This role also includes control algorithm development, implementation of controls onto commercial DSPs, analog printed circuit board design, and working with state-of-the-art wide-bandgap (GaN and SiC) semiconductor devices. Power Electronics engineers play a critical role in developing not only our power electronics products, but provide vital sub-system design support for products related to thermal control and energy conversion.
As a Power Electronics Engineer you will:
- Design and test power electronic converters (AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC) from 1 kW to 150 kW
- Design and test high speed (10 kRPM - >150 kRPM) motor drives
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms, advanced digital filtering techniques, and the general control of power electronic systems
- Design and test power stages, sensor electronics, and gate drives circuits for SiC and GaN semiconductors
- Design and test high power SiC and GaN semiconductor modules
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards
- Design, build, and test digital control systems using microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering with a GPA of at least 3.3 for each degree level
- 1 year minimum experience in industry or internships
- Experience developing control systems for military applications a plus
- Experience controlling motor drives, ac-dc, and dc-ac converters
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
Mainstream Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting opportunities to and prohibiting discrimination against protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other qualified persons without regard to their race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or national origin.