Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineering Intern - Summer 2020
at Mainstream Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Rockledge, FL, USA
- Full Time
Our firm is seeking Electrical Engineering Interns for a variety of roles including power electronics design, control algorithm development, embedded system design, analog circuit design, magnetics design, and test stand building. Successful candidates will get hands on laboratory experience in building switching power converters, building high-fidelity test stands, and assisting in the design of power converters, magnetics, and thermal management systems. Additional duties could include the design and layout of PCBs, programming of microcontrollers and development of control algorithms for power converters. All of Mainstreams power converters are built around state-of-the-art wide-bandgap semiconductor devices.
Mainstream Engineering is ideally located on the Florida's Space Coast, convenient to all of Florida's desirable activities. Several unique aspects of employment at MEC are:
- Opportunities to explore your own interests, manage your own projects, diversify your experience as well as carve out a niche for yourself in applied research and development.
- Publish technically and peer-reviewed manuscripts as well as patent innovations.
- Exposure to the full product development process from conception to manufacturing.
- Potential to advance technologies beyond the current state of the art.
- Freedom of movement between multiple projects and technology areas.
- Work on challenging problems for government and private-sector clients.
Electrical engineering major with a minimum GPA of 3.3, MS and PhDs students a plus
US Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
Experience programming TI microcontrollers or DSPs a plus
Knowledge of basic power electronics, analog circuit design, or magnetics design a plus
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Mainstream Engineering Corporation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Mike Boyle in Human Resources at 321-631-3550 or email@example.com
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority referrals of protected veterans welcome