Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power Electronics Technology Leader
at Mainstream Engineering
- Rockledge, FL, USA
- Full Time
Mainstream Engineering is seeking a talented Senior Power Electronics Engineer to provide the strategic direction and technological leadership for our team of electrical engineers. As the Technology Leader for the Power Electronics Division, this individual will be responsible for leading new product development and applied research in the areas of ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-ac converters. The technology leader is responsible for strategic planning and seeking out new opportunities.
The Power Electronics Division plays a critical role in developing power electronics products as well as sub-systems for thermal control and energy conversion systems. Work of the Power Electronics Division includes working with state-of-the-art wide-bandgap (GaN and SiC) semiconductor devices, analog printed circuit board design, control algorithm development and implementation of controls onto commercial DSPs.
As the lead senior technical expert, this individual will be responsible for directing the design and technical development of Bachelor/Master level engineers, and will assist Human Resources in recruiting additional Power Electronic Engineers. In addition to providing engineering expertise, the technology leader provides mentorship, training and guidance to our team of power electronics engineers.
As a Technology Leader for the Power Electronics Division, your team will:
- Design and test power electronic converters (ac-dc, dc-ac, dc-dc) from 1 kW to 150 kW
- Design and test high speed (10,000 rpm to >150,000 rpm) motor drives
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms, advanced digital filtering techniques, and the general control of power electronic systems
- Design and test power stages, sensor electronics, and gate drives circuits for SiC and GaN semiconductors
- Design and test high power SiC and GaN semiconductor modules
- Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards
- Design, build, and test digital control systems using microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3 in all degree programs
- 5 year minimum experience
- Experience programming various microcontrollers and DSPs
- Experience designing motor drives, ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-ac converters
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
Mainstream Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting opportunities to and prohibiting discrimination against protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other qualified persons without regard to their race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or national origin.
Electrical Engineering Manager, Electrical Engineer, SBIR, Proposal writing, BLDC, Brushless motor, battery development, TESLA, Motor Drives, digital signal processing, military product development, contracting, mil-spec, award