Max Planck Florida Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head of Facilities
at Max Planck Florida Corporation
The Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI) is currently seeking an experienced engineer for our Head of Facilities position to support the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery and buildings of the Institute in Jupiter, Florida and work “hands on” with our scientists to improve and maintain our highly technical scientific equipment installations.
Reporting directly to the Institute’s Chief Operating Officer, the selected individual will:
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs following MPFI’s purchasing guidelines;
- Provide assistance with the maintenance and installation of highly sensitive scientific equipment;
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansions;
- Manage the Facilities Department and its personnel to ensure an highly efficient operation;
- Build rapport with and work closely with the MPFI leadership team and other department heads;
- Manage the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance and repairs of the building, scientific equipment and machinery, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance;
- Ensure that general carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance is completed as appropriate and complete work orders in a timely manner and with accurate records;
- Develop and maintain the Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery;
- Engage with the Environmental Health and Safety Officer and oversee the cleaning of facilities;
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed;
- Take the lead role regarding disaster preparedness, and general housekeeping policies and practices of the Institute;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as appropriate.
A Master’s Degree in engineering or a related discipline or equivalent professional experience as well as a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar facility is required. The selected candidate should demonstrate successful leadership and excellent communication skills, special attention to detail, high levels of discretion, professional judgment, ethics and confidentiality. The job requires availability for on-call duty and emergency coverage.
Experience in a university or laboratory research facility is strongly preferred. In addition to the core technical and engineering skills, MPFI is seeking a highly motivated proactive thinker who will bring enthusiasm to the position and a passion to solve problems that may impede the progress of scientific research. A team player mentality and perseverance in problem solving is a must.
For more information & to apply online visit http://www.mpfi.org. EOE/M/F/V/D.
To be considered please express interest at www.mpfi.org