McMillen Jacobs Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAD Designer/ Drafter
at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- 03-Jul-2018 to 01-Sep-2018 (MST)
- Melbourne, AUS
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' Melbourne office is seeking a CAD Designer/Drafter with a minimum of 10 years of experience working with AutoCAD for heavy civil engineering projects. This position will work directly with our engineering team to accurately prepare all aspects of CAD drawings and project documents on various engineering projects.
- Coordination of drafting for medium to large projects, working with sub-consultants and other offices within McMillen Jacobs Associates
- Generate CAD deliverables for clients in the form of drawings, plans, and details: and assist in the development of graphics for reports and technical memoranda
- Assists with the quality assurance and quality control of plans, drawings, and details
- Participates with other CAD designers and technicians within McMillen Jacobs Associates to develop and maintain drafting standards
- Minimum of 10 years years of CAD experience, including use of AutoCAD on civil engineering projects.
- Understanding of basic design and construction sequence concepts, including reinforcement detailing of concrete structures.
- Working knowledge of heavy civil construction projects; knowledge of tunnels and underground infrastructure is a plus.
- Skilled user of Civil 3D or other similar programs.
- Understanding of ProjectWise or similar document management programs.
- Experience with writing routines and customization to streamline repetitive drafting tasks
- Ability to develop and coordinate drawings with proper use of x-refs and correctly layered drawing elements.
- Strong understanding of how to coordinate drawings between disciplines and ability to identify drawing conflicts between the disciplines.
- Candidate must have good analytical skills for performing basic engineering computations, plus the ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer software issues.
- Australian Citizen or appropriate valid visa to work.