Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Rep / Patient Advocate
- Job ID
About The Company
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Field Rep / Patient Advocate to work in our Jacksonville, FL office. The schedule for this full time role is Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.
As the Patient Advocate/ Field Rep you will be stationed at our Jacksonville office as well as going out into the field doing home visits meeting with patients in their homes. Driving is required.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses by working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet face to face with individuals at their home, or other designated locations, who are potentially eligible for a government assistance program
- Complete and gather necessary application and paperwork for the appropriate government assistance program.
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to find government programs to cover medical expenses
- Follow directive from multiple MedData service lines
- Complete the appropriate applications and/or obtaining requested information
- Timely completion of documentation in both the Client and Company systems of the field visit performed
- Work all assigned accounts timely and efficiently.
- Maintain a properly organized portfolio of all client cases.
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Prioritize assignments as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college coursework preferred but not required
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Experience working with state and federal programs preferred
- Critical thinking skills
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Bilingual Preferred
- Ability to travel within assigned territory up to 75%
- Reliable transportation and insurance coverage required
- Effective time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer