MHM Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MHM Services, Inc.
- Job ID
Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of dental services to the Florida Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Dental Assistant to join our team at Apalachee Correctional Institution located in Sneads, Florida.
This is a float position between the East and West Unit.
- Full Time : Day Shift, 7:30a-4p : Monday-Friday schedule
- Under direct supervision, assists the dentist and/or dental hygienist in chair side dentistry in a correctional setting.
- Prepares dental instruments and the dental operatory.
- May perform administrative tasks.
- Prepares and maintains dental operatory and instruments and disinfects and sterilizes dental instruments in compliance with accepted infection control procedures.
- Operates radiographic equipment to obtain dental radiographs of patients.
- Assists the dentist by providing direct chair side technical support processes.
- Follows all safety/risk management practices in performing duties.
- Follows all applicable security procedures and performs routine clerical functions for the dental facility.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive team environment!
- High school diploma or its recognized equivalent
- Completion of a technical school program in dental assisting or six months of experience as a dental assistant required
- Certification as an expanded duty dental assistant preferred; if the candidate does not possess a current certificate, one must be obtained in the first 6-months of employment
- Certification and/or previous experience performing dental x-rays preferred; if the candidate does not possess a current Florida issued radiology certification, one must be obtained within the first 6-months of employment
- Must maintain current tuberculosis screening documentation and active CPR certification
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance when applicable
- Experience in a correctional setting preferred