M/I Homes, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director / VP of National Accounts
at M/I Homes, inc.
Directs and coordinates the development of the National Accounts Program through identifying suppliers and establishing product usage agreements to maintain efficiency and profitability in conjunction with consumer needs, controlling consistent use of products, and improving product servicing. Provides direction for day-to-day operations of program through implementation of new product plans, Company objectives and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and identifies potential companies and products which can be utilized by all divisions; ensures quality, durability, guaranteed pricing and protection, inventories, service, warranty and updated technology.
- Proposes, negotiates, implements and monitors programs providing rebates, model discounts, advertising allowances and pricing guarantees for all divisions; coordinates programs with employees.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships and agreements with manufacturers and suppliers for product usage and programs.
- Develops and initiates mandatory programs which specify the exclusive use of a participating company’s product as well as optional programs which offer flexibility of product usage.
- Achieves and maintains the consistent use of products offering quality craftsmanship; ensures price guarantees and protection agreements are followed.
- Ensures customer satisfaction relative to production warranty criteria through on-going customer contacts and field inspections.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in specialized training from a four-year college or technical school in addition to specific training in sales, marketing, and contract negotiating combined with a minimum of ten years related experience; thorough knowledge and understanding of the home building industry within scope of national program requirements and contracting processes.
Skills and Abilities:
Persuasive attitude with outstanding negotiations, organizational and detail-oriented aptitude. Ability to research, interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to national sales programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization. Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others. Thorough knowledge of given markets relative to national sales trends.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.