Millennium Physician Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician (Port Charlotte)
at Millennium Physician Group
- 23-Oct-2019 to 22-Dec-2023 (EST)
- Port Charlotte, FL, USA
- Full Time
The Pharmacy Technician expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable by policy or law including receiving new and refillable prescription requests from customers, providers or originating pharmacies. The pharmacy technician is responsible for verifying demographic information of new prescriptions as well as the legibility of the prescriber's name. S/he is also responsible for all transaction information regarding the new or refillable prescription including verifying demographic information of new prescriptions as well as the legibility of the prescriber's name; validating insurance information; preparing labels and providing instructions for use, side effects of medication and descriptions of medication to customer and arranging customer counseling with the Pharmacist. S/he is also responsible for payment processing. S/he assists management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and rotation of supplies, maintaining in-date stock of all medications or pharmaceutical products, and effective operation and maintenance of automatic dispensing machines (Robot). S/he is also responsible for all documentation processing, filing and retrieval. Additionally, this individual demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills and provides a consistently superior patient experience for all customers with whom they interact.
- Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable by policy or law.
- Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers, providers or originating pharmacy for filling.
- Verifies name and address (if applicable) of the person for whom new prescriptions are filled as well as the legibility of the prescriber's name.
- Obtains filed prescription information for refill requests.
- Prepares labels for new/refill prescriptions.
- Processes cash register transactions and all payment processing for new and refilled prescriptions and pharmaceutical products.
- Accommodates customers when they arrive to pick up prescriptions.
- Ensures necessary communication is provided to the customer, i.e. instructions for use, side effects and medication descriptions.
- Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist when requested.
- Procures signatures from customers for all prescriptions received.
- Answers incoming calls, direct to Pharmacist, when appropriate, such as new prescriptions, medication questions, judgmental decisions, etc.
- Completes and processes third-party documents.
- Files prescription books, new prescriptions and patient profiles.
- Restocks all prescription vials.
- Processes incoming orders to determine that items ordered were shipped and verifies accurate invoicing to pharmacy.
- Checks items for appropriate "shelf life" remaining before expiration.
- Affixes price stickers to the items ordered and places on stock shelves or in refrigerator as required.
- Checks stock to remove outdated items as often as deemed necessary by Pharmacist in Charge.
- Cleans pharmacy shelves and work areas and maintains entire premises in satisfactory state of cleanliness.
- Counts stock and maintains inventory records.
- Assists Pharmacy Management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and rotating incoming medications and supplies, posting lot number, expiration dates and assisting in physical inventory.
- Operates and maintains automatic dispensing equipment (Robot).
- Consistently provides superior patient experience for all customers.