Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cyber Security Development Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Cyber Security Development Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for developing cyber-driven technologies to support vulnerability penetration and assessment. Operational experience is necessary.
At MTSI, our more than 1200 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 26 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Cyber Security Development Engineer with MTSI, you will be responsible for developing cyber-driven technologies to support vulnerability penetration and assessment. Operational experience is necessary. You will interact daily with MTSI Customer program managers and industry subject matter experts across multiple domains (air, space, cyber) to assist the government with technical assessments, strategic planning, and engineering evaluations. This position will be located in the Cape Canaveral, FL area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You must have experience in security engineering, assessment, penetration testing, and information system security oversight activities that support complex systems from the perspective of sophisticated threat actors.
- You will provide technical advice on advanced cyber security and computer processing related technologies and programs, including advanced countermeasure design, development, implementation and assessment vulnerability and penetration testing.
- You will provide development support for Red Team software tools.
- Researches and analyzes known hacker methodology, system exploits and vulnerabilities to support Red Team Assessment activities.
- Provides oral and written briefings to senior DoD senior leadership.
- Creates written reports detailing assessment findings and recommendations.
- 6+ years' experience working as a Cyber Security Development Engineer or in a related field.
- Experience with/knowledge of:
- Developing cyber-driven technologies.
- Vulnerability penetration and assessment.
- Cyber systems development and sustainment.
- Network protection, attack, and exploitation.
- Integration and test for DoD & USAF systems.
- DoD, USAF, and interagency information assurance requirements.
- DoD, USAF, and interagency security accreditation procedures.
- DoD and/or USAF Special Access Programs.
- Numerous methods of communication/data transmission.
- Coordinating, briefing, and working with Senior DoD officials.
- Able to work either independently or in a team.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field (e.g., cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering).
- Master's degree in an IT-related field (e.g., cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering). (desired)
(DoD8570 compliant) - One or more of the following required:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Network Engineer (CCNE)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)(desired)
TS, SCI/SAP eligible, CI polygraph (DESIRED)
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.