Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR - Business Office Svcs
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Magnolia Campus, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Business Office Svcs
Monday to Friday: 4 hours/day between 8a-4:30p
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
3 years experience
· The *Part-Time* Financial Counselor on the Business Office team is responsible for processing financial assistance applications, working self-pay accounts, making payment arrangements, providing estimates, and responding to patient account inquiries. The position will also provide coverage for the information desk by welcoming patients, guests, and staff.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proficiency in mathematical calculations and various analysis techniques.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Advanced features of Office suite tools: PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Be a resource for patients regarding their accounts including verification of benefits, financial documentation review, estimates, payment arrangements, and refunds.
- Process financial assistance applications.
- Handle self-pay accounts for financial clearance purposes.
- Triage incoming issues at the information desk.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a healthcare setting with an emphasis in physician/hospital collections, insurance verification, and/or financial counseling*
- *Two (2 )years Moffitt Revenue Cycle experience can be considered in lieu of three (3) years' experience in Hospital / Physician collections or financial counseling.
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.