Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHARMACY TECH SPLST HOSPITAL - Pharmacy-Hospital
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Magnolia Campus, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Cert Pharmacy Technician
1 year of experience
- Will perform highly specialized duties to assist Pharmacists in the preparation, documentation and or distribution of medications.
- Keeps records and makes reports required by law and processes documents required by the hospital.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have at least 1year of experience in the Moffitt Cancer Center Pharmacy or equivalent experience.
- National certification as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Has familiarity with drug names and excellent math and computer skills.
- Has a good understanding of Pharmacy policies and procedures as well as experience with automated dispensing systems and quality control processes.
- Process and enter all medication orders into the computer system for pharmacist verification.
- Prepare non-chemotherapy and chemotherapy admixtures.
- Maintains inventory control and quality.
- Purchases and processes payment of all supplies and pharmaceuticals to ensure adequate, quality and cost effective supply on hand to support patient care.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of Florida required.
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.