Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse – MIP Clinic - Clinic-Moffitt Intl
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Moffitt at International Plaza, 4104 Jim Walter Blvd, Tampa,
PRN (As Needed)
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Basic Cardiac Life Support
2 years experience
Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza (MIP) is a 50,000-square-foot full service outpatient facility designed and equipped to provide the same level of cancer care we provide at our main hospital. Daily patient visits vary between 50 and 100 patients.
- Oncology physician office visits
- Infusion services
- Blood draw area and clinical laboratory
- Radiation therapy
- Radiology (PET, CT, MRI, Chest X-ray)
- Screening Mammography, Diagnostic Mammograms, 3D Mammography & Ultrasounds
- Rapid Response Thyroid Cancer Assessment
Our MIP Clinic is currently looking for a Registered Nurse to care for our patients seeking outpatient oncology treatment at our Breast, GI, GU, Head & Neck-Endocrine, Radiation Oncology and Supportive Care clinics. Duties will include triaging phone calls.
· This position will report to our Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza (MIP) facility, located at 4101 Jim Walter Blvd. Tampa FL 33607.
· The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
· Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
· Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
o Oncology experience as a registered nurse
o Outpatient clinic as a registered nurse
o Flexibility to work until 6:00pm, as needed, depending on patient needs.
o Strong assessment skills
o Experience in Breast, GI, GU, Head & Neck-Endocrine, and/or Radiation Oncology as a registered nurse.
· Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
· Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
· Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
· Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least two years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
· FL RN License
· BCLS Certification
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.