Moffitt Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOCIAL WORKER LICENSED - Social Work-Outpatient
at Moffitt Cancer Center
Magnolia Campus, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
PRN (As Needed)
M-F; 8:30 - 5:00
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Lic Social Worker
2 years experience
· Provides clinical social work services to and in partnership with patients, families, and significant others. These include social work assessments, counseling, goal setting, advocacy, concrete service provision and implementation of care plans.
· Makes referrals to outside agencies and assists in coordination of continuity of care. Works collaboratively with and provides leadership within the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes.
· Licensed Social worker shall be highly knowledgeable about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development.
· The Licensed Social Worker shall be highly knowledgeable about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development. Will provide mentorship to other staff based on skill sets and expertise. Requires intermittent supervision based on experience, licensure status and educational needs. Provides student supervision on an intermittent basis. The Licensed Social Worker represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
o MSW from a CSWE approved school
o Must be licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. If from out-of-state, LCSW from that state required and FL licensure obtained within 6 months of hire date or license eligible.
o 2 years post MSW experience in social work
o Minimum of 1 year in oncology social work.
· Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments
· Provide counseling to patients and families
· Anticipate and coordinate safe and timely discharges
· Collaborate effectively with medical team
· Provide comprehensive information and referral services
· Offer educational in-services, presentations and programs
· Pursue professional development
Credentials and Qualifications:
· MSW from a CSWE approved school
· Must be licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. If from out-of-state, LCSW from that state required and FL licensure obtained within 6 months of hire date or license eligible.
· Minimum of 2 years post MSW experience in social work.
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.