Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Morton Salt
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
Operators process and package food grade and water conditioning salt at the Port Canaveral facility. Plant operates 24/7. Shift work is required. All tasks must meet our safety, quality and production standards. Please upload resume and/or experience when applying. Valid drivers license is required.
- Pick, wrap and properly stack bagged salt products
- Operate forklift to support production shift
- Drop palletized bag product at a rate sufficient to support production shift
- Operate process equipment for production of food grade and water conditioning salt products per production schedule
- Operate HMI, scales, manual and auto wrap machines
- Maintain work area clear of hazards and in compliance with housekeeping, safety and environmental standards.
- All work to be performed to standards set by company policy and regulatory agency.
- Provides leadership to drive continuous improvements in product quality. Understand the importance of product safety, legality and quality – Informs the Shift Supervisor, Quality Supervisor and/or any other key stakeholders of any issues.
- Assist with plant related maintenance/repair as required
- Participate in Reliability improvements at facility. Identify potential problems and suggest corrections.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill and ability to operate forklift
- Knowledge of industrial workings
- Ability to learn new tasks
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders
- Must be able to crouch, stoop, kneel, stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.