Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR Instrument Room Technician/SPD
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
- One to two years experience in Operating Room.
- Knowledge of instrumentation, infection control, sterilization procedures and safety precautions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be available to work: Monday-Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm
OR Instrument Room Technician SPD/Full Time
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our OR Instrument Processing team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
1. Complies with the established departmental policies and procedures of the Operating Room/Sterilization Department. Complies with the rules and regulations regarding the application of Universal Precautions and OSHA Standards. Adheres to all Federal, State, and local regulations.
2.Performs assigned Quality Assurance Monitoring (audits) duties as assigned.
3. Assumes charge position when assigned or in absence of management personnel and other duties that are appropriate to the position and area.
4. Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned in the department.
5. Acts as a liaison and resource person between the Operating Room/Sterilization Department and other hospital departments, staff members, patients, patient family, visitors and vendors.
6. Retrieves soiled supplies and patient care equipment from user areas during routine pick up and decontaminates, cleans and inspects all equipment, both emergency and regular, and supplies ensuring the items are safe for patient and staff use. Orders, distributes, and maintains an accurate log of all rental, hospital owned and loaner equipment including instruments leaving and/or returning to the department. Maintains adequate supply levels both in the assigned work areas as well as the department.
7. Demonstrates competency in the operation of decontamination equipment according to the manufacture's recommendation. Demonstrates knowledge in the proper disinfections, cleaning and inspection of instruments and equipment in the decontamination area.
8. Demonstrates competency in the operation of steam sterilizers, Sterrad (gas plasma) sterilizers, Eto sterilizers and Steris (par acidic) sterilizers.
9. Demonstrates competency in biological testing of the steam sterilizers, Sterrad (gas plasma) sterilizers, Eto sterilizers and Steris (par acidic) sterilizers. Insures that all documentation is complete and accurate in the sterilization processes.
10. Demonstrates a sound knowledge in the identification of instrumentation.
11. Inspects all instrumentation for malfunction and removes from circulation, If applicable, and reports findings to the appropriate personnel.
12. Arranges and verifies instrumentation according to the instrument tray count sheet and labels instrument trays if instrumentation is missing. Notifies appropriate personnel of missing instruments.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!