MVP Sports Clubs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MVP Sports Clubs
POSITION TITLE: Fitness Intern
DIRECT REPORT: Fitness Manager
POSITION STATUS: Seasonal Intern
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Enhance the overall club experience of the members, including assisting with the organization and promotion of all fitness and sports programs. Assists with the new member program including instructing in the use of all equipment in a safe and effective manner when requested.
- Assists with all functions related to the fitness floor and activities that are conducted on the fitness floor. While working the floor, ensures that all members are attended to via assistance as needed.
- Assists the Training Team Leader with the new member welcome program via instruction in the use of fitness floor equipment, observing that the client feels comfortable exercising in an independent manner and assists on an as needed basis.
- Remains responsible for the satisfaction and retention of each assigned member, staying in contact with that member on an as needed basis.
- Assists with the organizing, promoting and training for all fitness and sports programs as needed.
- Ensures that the fitness floor is clean and safe at all times. Ensures a safe working environment for all members, guests, and staff.
- Assists with an administration work as needed and requested by the Fitness Leadership Team.
- Assist with education materials and information needed for the E-Newsletter as indicated.
- Responds in emergency situations, notifying the appropriate authorities where indicated.
- Works with the Group Exercise Team Leader and Training Team Leaders to coordinate any activities taking place on the fitness floor.
- Assists with any kid’s fitness activities as needed.
- Personally maintains a working knowledge of basic theoretical concepts and keeps current with research and trends in the field. Maintains certifications and membership in professional organizations.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned by the Fitness Manager.
- Working towards a college degree in fitness related field. Currently enrolled in an accredited curriculum requiring internship for degree/program completion.
- Working toward certification through NSCA, NASM, ACSM, NATA or APTA.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Communication and leadership skills needed to supervise and motivate a team.
- Computer skills needed to utilize club and equipment software.
- Ability to demonstrate verbally and/or physically the proper use of the equipment.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; see, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.