Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Multicultural Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States. NASCAR consists of three national series (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR XFINITY Series™, and NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series, one local grassroots series and three international series. NASCAR is a company driven by technology and innovation, both of which are central to competition and are at the core of our sport. The sport’s impact is demonstrated with a strong corporate and media footprint. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit http://www.NASCAR.com and http://www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
NASCAR seeks an engaging professional for the role of Manager, Multicultural Marketing Communications. Successful incumbent will manage day-to-day communications functions related to Multicultural Development and Growth Segments Marketing, as well as Internal/Employee Communications.
Travel up to 10% including weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and execute strategic communications plans designed to build the positive perception of the sport and support broad objectives including growing the fan base; strengthening the brand; and building relevance amongst new audiences (i.e. Hispanic and youth)
- Mine and identify rich story-telling opportunities that help NASCAR reach younger and more diverse audiences, and demonstrate company/industry efforts to strengthen diversity across the sport
- Serve as Communications liaison with the Multicultural Development and Growth Segments Marketing departments by delivering day-to-day communications counsel and tactical support
- Strategically place positive news stories in general market and Spanish-language media with strong message pull-through around multicultural and youth initiatives (i.e. NASCAR Drive for Diversity, NASCAR Acceleration Nation)
- Manage media relations - both proactive and reactive - by swiftly and thoughtfully shaping stories that support business unit objectives and programming; strengthen relationships with key media contacts to influence both traditional and non-traditional media coverage of multicultural and youth initiatives and storylines
- In partnership with Industry Communications, design and manage internal/external/industry communications around key programs and initiatives that have a wide impact on industry
- Serve as member of NASCAR’s Employee Communications team and build and execute communications plans as part of the company’s overall employee engagement strategy
- Oversee monthly Employee Communications content calendar; participate in planning meetings, prepare internal communications (i.e. emails) and assist with day-to-day management of NASCAR’s intranet site
- Support the senior director in his/her work with the company's Growth Segments Marketing, Multicultural Development and Employee Communications leadership
- Integrate with other Communications tacticians and identify alignment opportunities (i.e. official partners that sponsor multicultural initiatives)
- Write strategic communications plans, press releases, messaging documents and program recaps
- Assist with Communications special events and task forces as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in Multicultural and/or Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Corporate/Brand Communications; and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish reading, writing and speaking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media tools
- Hispanic media relations experience
- Experience pitching stories, interacting with journalists, producers, etc.
We are a company unlike any other in the world. At NASCAR you will find a community of diverse individuals focused on our history and heritage, but with an eye toward the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. The key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, benefits second to none, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any characteristic that is protected by law.
Follow us on Twitter - @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings