Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NASCAR Diversity Internship Program - Legal
NASCAR Diversity Internship Program - Legal:
NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) seeks the exceptional, the talented and the driven to contribute to its success as one of North America’s premier sports. Offering opportunities in various areas across the sport, NASCAR encourages innovation and creativity on and off the track.
The NASCAR Diversity Internship Program (NDIP) is a 10-week, paid summer internship from May 18 - July 31, 2020. NDIP seeks diverse undergraduate and graduate college students with high academic standing at elite institutions. NASCAR Diversity Interns contribute to the complex motorsports workforce; learn from leading sports executives in weekly Lunch and Learns; and network with industry professionals.
What I will be doing…
The legal intern will work on a wide variety of projects with and for the attorneys including but not limited to sponsorship, media rights and
- Review and draft contracts
- Provide analysis on legal matters in different business units
- Research various legal issues as it relates to the business
Skills I need to be successful in this role…
Major or Area of Study: A candidate for Juris Doctor degree
Courses: Sports Law, Intellectual Property, Copyright or Media Law
Other Qualifications: Require a student that has completed his/her 2nd or 3rd year of law school at an ABA-accredited law school
- Be a member of one or more of the following races/ethnic minority classifications: Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Latino or Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Be currently enrolled in, or be considered a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate degree program who has not graduated before fall semester 2019
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be at least in their sophomore year of college
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be willing to relocate to Florida, North Carolina or various locations across the United States
- Students only need to submit ONE application to be considered for all internship positions
- Application Period for Summer 2020: September 16, 2019 - December 2, 2019
- Target timeline for final offers: March 2020
- Interviews will take place on a rolling basis throughout and beyond the application period
- Students selected for an internship will receive an official offer letter
*Temporary visas will not be issued for this internship program