Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst (Continuous Recruitment)
at Naylor Publications
- Regular Full-Time
At Naylor, we believe in commitment to excellence and rewarding hard work. Founded on the core values of honesty, integrity, ongoing improvement and strategic thinking, Naylor is a mid-size firm with big ideas and the ideal place to take your career to the next level.
We are always looking for talented Analysts to join our FP&A Team. While we may not currently have an opportunity available, we're interested in hearing from you!
As our FP&A Analyst, you will work with our executive team and division leaders to analyze data, costs, and profitability to forecast the company’s financial direction and evaluate areas of risk and opportunity. This position is designed to provide up-and-coming professionals with the real-world experience and skills needed to develop a highly successful career in finance. Solid performance will lead to expanded responsibilities/opportunities as well as increased compensation potential.
What you’ll do:
1. Financial Analysis
• Prepare monthly financial reporting package and variance analysis vs. budget/forecast: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Trial Balance
• Use & develop dynamic financial reporting tools to increase accuracy and improve efficiency
• Assist in development of target setting process for compensation plans
• Review, model, and track compensation plans
• Work directly with CFO, Controller, and Director FP&A
• Other duties as assigned
2. Strategic Planning
• Develop and drive analysis to identify, evaluate, and quantify risks and opportunities for Naylor’s six solution offerings
• Assist with the annual budget process and monthly forecasting updates
• Prepare benchmarking analyses and reports to assist in strategy development
• Ad hoc reporting as requested by solution leaders
3. Project Management
• Coordinate monthly team calendar and cross-functional process for monthly financial closing
• Help manage corporate-wide initiatives
• Recommend ways to streamline processes for all internal financial reporting systems
• Assist with Board of Directors and Management Meeting presentations in PowerPoint
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting & Finance Major preferred)
• 1-3 years of experience of comprehensive business analysis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience performing data analysis in MS Excel, uncovering trends in data, and clearly articulating findings through MS PowerPoint presentations
• Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, interacting with multiple departments
• Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated high level of strategic thinking and business acumen
• Ability to work on-site in Gainesville, FL up to 100% of the time for the first year and at least 25% of the time after that.
Why you’ll love working with us:
Naylor offers the opportunity for individual and career growth, a professional and challenging work environment and a competitive pay and benefits package. We strive to support our employees with comprehensive training, ongoing coaching and constructive feedback, and competitive compensation (including performance-based pay; vacation and sick leave; medical, dental and vision benefits; company-paid life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D insurance, etc.)